Courtesy: LEAD Program
What is a LEAD Summer Engineering Institute?
During LEAD Summer Engineering Institutes, students reside and attend classes on-campus at 6 of the nation’s top engineering schools for 3 weeks. Summer Engineering Institutes provide diverse, high-achieving high school sophomores and juniors the opportunity to explore STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) careers.
Students are empowered to confidently make better informed decisions when choosing their university and career through exposure to various fields of engineering, such as mechanical, chemical, biomedical, civil and environmental, and electrical and computer.
How can I benefit from a LEAD Summer Engineering Institute?
The goal is to immerse students early in their academic development to the innumerable career opportunities in engineering and computer science, and to equip them with knowledge and expertise from our nation’s leading universities and corporations, empowering students to confidently make better informed decisions when choosing their university and career.
What are the objectives of this program?
- Engage students in an intense, hands-on curriculum comprised of engineering instruction, computer programming, problem solving, and data analysis.
- Provide students with first-hand knowledge from engineering professionals through mentoring and corporate site visits.
- Develop students’ presentation and public speaking skills.
- Impart principles of responsible leadership.
- Engage students in cultural and social activities.
- Prepare students for college.