Our mission is aimed at resolving the following questions:
- How can we improve our system of education using open source?
- How can we improve entrepreneurship using open source?
- How can we improve our environment using open source?
- How can we improve IT itself using open source?
Why open source?
Open source is thinking out of the box, breaking the artificial constraints being imposed by traditional education, business and governments.
- Open source promotes the freedom to tinker which is the foundation of learning.
- Open source supports the Holstee Manifesto (If you don’t like the way something is heading, fork it).
- Open source promotes the idea that everything is a remix. Unfortunately, the world is a mess of patents and intellectual property.
- Open source operates under social norms, in contrast with business which operates under market norms.
- Open source is a social enterprise.
- Open source allows us to become producers, not just mere consumers.
- Open source is about openness, collaboration, transparency and accountability
- Open source is the genie out of the bottle.
You have power over the genie. With power comes responsibility.